[R-sig-eco] comparing species assemblages- alternatives to ordination?

Vincenzo Ellis vincenzoaellis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:30:36 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'm used to comparing assemblages at different geographic locations using
ordination techniques, where you have abundances or presence-absence of
species and then look at how they separate in multivariate space.  I'm
currently working with four sites/locations and want a more rigorous way to
compare the species assemblages on them maybe using some king of ANOVA
approach, but I'm not sure how to do it.  I've attached a subset of the
data in case that makes providing suggestions easier.

Thank you so much!!

Vincenzo