[R-sig-eco] Unifrac distance matrix with dbRDA in Vegan

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Mon Apr 23 06:36:55 CEST 2012

On 23/04/2012, at 04:19 AM, dougwyu wrote:

>> By the way, I changed metaMDS function in vegan so that it easily accepts unifrac distances a couple of years ago after I was in a workshop with Susan Letcher, and she suggested I do this.
>>
>> Cheers, Jari Oksanen
>>

> Would you please point us to any documentation for importing unifrac distance matrices into vegan?  (nothing specific about unifrac turns up in the vegan documentation)
>
> I was about to do this and was under the impression that i could treat unifrac matrices like any other distance matrix.

Doug,

It is not about vegan but about R: vegan uses R dissimilarity/distance structures (that inherit from class "dist"). Once you got it into R it is in vegan, and there is nothing specific to vegan.

Cheers, Jari Oksanen
--
Jari Oksanen, Dept Biology, Univ Oulu, 90014 Finland
jari.oksanen at oulu.fi, Ph. +358 400 408593, http://cc.oulu.fi/~jarioksa