[R-sig-eco] papers about using MCMC in ecological study

Stratford, Jeffrey jeffrey.stratford at wilkes.edu
Sun Nov 27 15:01:18 CET 2011

Marc has two books out:

1. Introduction to WinBUGS for Ecologists: Bayesian approach to regression, ANOVA, mixed models and related analyses
2. Bayesian Population Analysis using WinBUGS: A hierarchical perspective

I have the first and I probably reference it once a week.  I'm not a statistician (just a "wannabe") but I find this book the most useful. If you use it as a tutorial, you create data, then analyze it using R and WinBUGS. So you're able to compare standard statistical analyses with Bayesian results.

I've also read McCarthy's book.  This is a very nice introduction to the Bayesian approach and I would read this first.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeffrey A. Stratford, Ph.D.
Department of Health and Biological Sciences
84 W. South St.
Wilkes Univertsity, PA 18766
570-332-2942
http://web.wilkes.edu/jeffrey.stratford/