[R-sig-eco] Which season is the most sensible one for investigation?

Yong Zhang 2010202035 at njau.edu.cn
Fri May 13 14:47:15 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I have 12 samples in April, August, October and January between 2010 and 2011, with the environmental data (10 factors) and species data. Those sites could be classified into 3 major groups on the basis of their landuse/ landcover patterns.

I aim to figure out which is the best season for biomonitoring or inverstigation. On the other word, I want to point out which is the most sensible season for monitoring. Because of the synthetic effects of other variables(e.g., hydrologcal features),the 12 samples may not be calssified into the correct categories in some seasons, my purpose is to find out the most proper season, in which the 12 samples could be grouped most correctly.

I am not whether I make myself clear or not, thanks in advance for your time and suggestion, and any of the hints will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Yong ZHANG