[R-sig-eco] testing for synchrony

Dunbar, Michael J. mdu at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Jun 30 11:33:25 CEST 2011

Hi Jeff

I don't know about any specific test for synchrony as there are many ways of looking at the problem. But there's plenty of literature looking at modelling of synchrony in the aquatic environment which would hopefully help you get started.

e.g. for starters try:

Rusak J.A., Yan N.D. & Somers K.M. (2008) Regional climatic drivers of synchronous zooplankton dynamics in north-temperate lakes. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 65, 878-889.

Rusak J.A., Yan N.D., Somers K.M. & McQueen D.J. (1999) The Temporal Coherence of Zooplankton Population Abundances in Neighboring North-Temperate Lakes. American Naturalist 153, 46-58.

Zuur A.F. & Pierce G.J. (2004) Common trends in northeast Atlantic squid time series. Journal of Sea Research 52, 57-72.

Regards
Mike