[R-sig-eco] What statistical analysis should I take??

Yong Zhang 2010202035 at njau.edu.cn
Wed Jan 12 06:41:31 CET 2011

Hello all,

Now, I have a big trouble, thing is like that I sampled the sediment of 10 streams. These streams can be divided into two groups, group A and B , each group contains 5 streams.

The sediment also can be divided into 4 types (according to the diameter of the sediment particle :sand < 2mm, gravel  2--64mm, cobble  64---256mm and boulder  >256mm), I measured 100 sediment particles per stream, and the number of each kind sediment particle has been recorded.

My sediment datas are something like:
group
A:               sand     gravel   cobble  boulder
1                 10         20          20        50
2                 20          30          20         30
3                 ........etc....
4
5

B:              sand          gravel    cobble  boulder
1                0              5             80         15
2                10             20             15       55
3                ...........etc............
4
5

I aim to explore whether the sediment composition is significantly different between the two groups, or not. Could anyone tell me what analysi should I take, and any of your hint or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Yong

ps: If anyone have any idea, please tell me in details, because I am green. Thanks very much for your time!

2011-01-12

Yong Zhang, Ph.D.
Lab of aquatic insects & stream ecology
Dept.of Entonology, Nanjing Agricultural University
Nanjing, 210095,China
Phone number:  (+86) -25-84395241
E-mail:2010202035 at njau.edu.cn