[R-sig-eco] save vegemite{vegan} table

Michael Denslow michael.denslow at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:59:10 CET 2010

Dear r-sig-ecology,

I am attempting to save the table that prints when I run the function
vegemite(). I would like to paste it into a spreadsheet if possible.
Here is what I have tried.

library(vegan)
data(varespec)
vege.test <- vegemite(varespec, scale="Hult")

# mac method for copying to clipboard
# replace pipe('pbcopy','w') with 'clipboard' on windows
write.table(vege.test,pipe('pbcopy','w'), sep = "\t", col.names = NA)

# I have also tried
vege.test <- capture.output(vegemite(varespec, scale="Hult"))
write.table(vege.test,pipe('pbcopy','w'), sep = "\t", col.names = NA)

Neither of these seems to paste correctly into a spreadsheet.
I think the problem is not the function, but that I don't understand
how to properly work with lists ...

Thanks for any suggestions,
Michael

--
Michael Denslow

I.W. Carpenter Jr. Herbarium [BOON]
Department of Biology
Appalachian State University
Boone, North Carolina U.S.A.
-- AND --
Communications Manager
Southeast Regional Network of Expertise and Collections
sernec.org

36.214177, -81.681480 +/- 3103 meters