[R-sig-eco] Reducing spatial autocorrelation

Matthew Landis rlandis at middlebury.edu
Wed Oct 14 15:45:39 CEST 2009

Dear list - Apologies if this is not a repost.  I sent it the first time
in html format inadvertently and it hasn't shown up.

Corrado -
I meant to refer to a regression model - presumably you are going to
build a regression model of sorts (although multivariate because of all
the species) to see which of your explanatory variables is important.

For some more informtion:
Here is the website for SpaceMaker2, by Borcard and Legendre - they list
a number of papers to describe the method.
http://www.bio.umontreal.ca/casgrain/en/labo/spacemaker.html

I also found this paper by Stephane Dray to be helpful.
http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/members/dray/articles/SD163.php

I must say, it is not all that simple to work out how to do the
analysis.  But the results are very interesting.