[R-sig-eco] pollination experiment with missing value

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Tue Dec 8 10:06:13 CET 2009

Dear Humberto,

I suppose you are interessed in the significance of the treatment
factor. You can test that effect by comparing models with and without
the term. You can get the multiple comparisons with the multcomp
package. Here is an example using the Pastes dataset.

library(lme4)
library(multcomp)
data(Pastes)
Model <- lmer(strength ~ cask + (1|batch), data = Pastes)
Model2 <- lmer(strength ~ (1|batch), data = Pastes)
anova(Model, Model2)
glht(Model, linfct = mcp(cask = "Tukey"))
confint(glht(Model, linfct = mcp(cask = "Tukey")))

PS You have a lot of treatments to test with few replicates. Testing
less treatment with more replicates would be a better design. I'm
affraid that the power of your current design will be rather low.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek
team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

Research Institute for Nature and Forest
team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium

tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey