[R-sig-eco] GEE and AIC

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Fri May 30 10:49:43 CEST 2008

Brianne,

GEE is based on asymptotic approximations. Therefore it will only yield
valid parameter estimate if you sample size is larger enough. So I would
not rely on GEE if the sample size is smaller than 80.

HTH,

Thierry

----
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics,
methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
www.inbo.be

than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to
say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of
data.
~ John Tukey