[R-sig-eco] wavCWT (wmtsa) iterations?

Glen A Sargeant gsargeant at usgs.gov
Tue May 20 15:50:40 CEST 2008

Stephen,

I should have pointed out that both bits of sample code I sent should work
just fine with plotting functions that require a matrix [e.g., image()],
rather than a vector, of colors.

Like Julian, I often try the built-in palette functions first... and they
are simpler... but they often are not flexible enough to achieve desired
effects (the sample shading from blue to tan and back to blue is an
example).

Glen

Glen A. Sargeant, Ph.D.
Research Wildlife Biologist/Statistician
Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
8711 37th Street SE
Jamestown, ND  58401

Phone: (701) 253-5528
E-mail:  glen_sargeant at usgs.gov
FAX:     (701) 253-5553

"stephen sefick" <ssefick at gmail.com>
Sent by: r-sig-ecology-bounces at r-project.org
05/19/2008 01:39 PM

r-sig-ecology at r-project.org
cc

Subject
[R-sig-eco] wavCWT (wmtsa) iterations?

I have hit the max memory for my poor little computer.  I there a way to
just section the sections that I would like to look at instead of doing
the
transform on the whole dataset?  scale.range only works when I specify
deltat(x.ts).  It would be nice to start this at say a day to a week.  my
data is in 15min. intervals so this could correspond to 96 to 672
readings.
The other thing that I was wondering if I could do is do this on subsets
of
the data and then combine them into one big plot for the CWT of the entire
data set-  iterate through "chunks" and then combine them at the end?
thanks

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 98.2 Mb
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In wavCWT(x.ts) :
  Reached total allocation of 502Mb: see help(memory.size)
2: In wavCWT(x.ts) :
  Reached total allocation of 502Mb: see help(memory.size)
3: In wavCWT(x.ts) :
  Reached total allocation of 502Mb: see help(memory.size)
4: In wavCWT(x.ts) :
  Reached total allocation of 502Mb: see help(memory.size)

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make

-K. Mullis