[R-sig-dyn-mod] a simulation using base R code

Thomas Petzoldt thom@@@petzo|dt @end|ng |rom tu-dre@den@de
Tue Jul 14 13:00:21 CEST 2020

Hi,

your question sounds to me similar to a classical chemostat. Here a
resource (stock) is consumed by the biological "stock". The limitaton
occurs just by coupling the equations. An example can be found here:

https://tpetzoldt.github.io/chemostat/chemostat-ode.html

Hope it helps,

Thomas

PS: one wish from the moderator: Please use plain text mails and not
HTML and especially not HTML encoded spaces. This makes the code messy.
Please read the R mailing list posting guide:
https://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html

Am 14.07.2020 um 11:42 schrieb YA:
> hi Tom,
>

> Thank you very much for the information. The output using deSolve is
> indeed a lot nicer, however, I still have not get what I expected. So
> as the hehavior increases it consumes more resource, as the resource
> decrease the increase of behavior should be slow down, which results
> in a flat curve of the behavior. Namely, the resource plays as a
> limiting factor for the growth of the behavior, so that the behavior
> would not be increasing exponentially forever.
>

> My new code looks like below:

[...]

--
Dr. Thomas Petzoldt
wiss. Mitarbeiter                     member of scientific staff

Technische Universität Dresden        Technische Universitaet Dresden
Fakultät Umweltwissenschaften         Faculty of Environmental Sciences
Institut für Hydrobiologie            Institute of Hydrobiology
Professur für Limnologie              Chair of Limnology
01062 Dresden                         01062 Dresden, Germany

E-Mail: thomas.petzoldt using tu-dresden.de
http://tu-dresden.de/Members/thomas.petzoldt