[R-sig-dyn-mod] McKendrick-von Foerster PDE model in ReacTran

Sean Wu @lwu89 @ending from berkeley@edu
Mon Dec 24 17:50:17 CET 2018

Hello all,

Wish everyone happy holidays this time of year. I'm wondering if anyone has
any experience or knows where I can find example code to use ReacTran to
solve a PDE model of age-structured population of the von Foerster type (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Foerster_equation)?

In fact the application I wish to apply this is for a HIV/AIDS transmission
model taking into account demography, specifically to start by looking at
the model presented in Fig. 4 of this paper:

Anderson, R. M., May, R. M., & McLean, A. R. (1988). Possible demographic
consequences of AIDS in developing countries. Nature.
https://doi.org/10.1038/332228a0

I thank anyone for any advice or help you can provide, best wishes.

Sean

--
Sean Wu, MPH
Epidemiology PhD Student, Computational Biology DE, UC Berkeley