[R-sig-dyn-mod] deSolve ode.2D() result matrix: my interpretation seems invalid beyond row 1

RC Phelps rc.phelps at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 19:25:16 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to decode the structure of ode.2D() result matrix; I believe I
successfully find the time step 0 random content by comparing a ggplot()
heatmap to the native image() heatmap. please see
https://github.com/cordphelps/sim/tree/master/pde/brusselator
<https://github.com/cordphelps/sim/tree/master/pde/brusselator>

problem: I examine the data representing the t1 through t8 time steps
(which should be the result of the integrations) and each time step has
such limited variability (only the digit at 10^-7 changes) that the
ggplot() heatmaps are entirely uniform. How do I interpret the content of
rows 2 through 9?

image() rtfm? I have read:
the image() help file
https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/deSolve/versions/1.20/topics/plot.deSolve
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/diffEq/vignettes/PDEinR.pdf
https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/deSolve/versions/1.20/topics/ode.2D
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ReacTran/vignettes/PDE.pdf
https://github.com/cran/deSolve/blob/master/R/Utilities.R
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/diffEq/vignettes/PDEinR.pdf
I have the book "Solving Differential Equations in R"

Thanks.

Cord