[R-sig-dyn-mod] Hybrid simulation of nonlinear ode and discrete state machine

John Harrold john.m.harrold at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 23:00:56 CET 2016

You can try using Laplace transforms to convert your second order
differential equation into two coupled first order ODEs:

http://www.me.utexas.edu/~bryant/courses/me344/DownloadFiles/LectureNotes/Laplace+TransferFunctions.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC5o436J_0o

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Eike Petersen <eike.petersen at uni-luebeck.de
> wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> My apologies; I wasn't being clear here - what I meant was nonlinearity in
> the derivatives, i.e., something like y'^2 + y' = f(y, t). I guess what I
> should have asked for is capability to solve fully implicit ODEs.
>
> Kind regards,
> Eike

John M. Harrold
john.m.harrold _at_gmail