[R-sig-dyn-mod] Simulation diffusion in R

Martha.Serrano at unil.ch Martha.Serrano at unil.ch
Thu Nov 17 11:06:29 CET 2011

Dear Thomas

Thanks for your new walk-barrier simulation. And now, I am
registered to the mailing-list. It is very similar to my
expected simulations, and I appreciate some important
aspects:

It is possible to assign "partial" barriers, allowing small
(or large) population interchange across the barrier and,
also is possible to remove it at all after a time. With the
use of integer steps, I see we lost the options of
an angle to drive the movement and different "speed" for it.
Specially the possibility of change speed could be important
for my simulation.

I modified the barrier position (horizontal or vertical) and
noted that there is not a direct link with the population
identity, then I just modified it by population$genotype.
Could I have an option for assign randomly the position
(initially complete)of the barrier and to concatenate this
with individual identity. I remark that is also useful the
manual assignation to see diffusion of the two populations
in absence of barriers.

A final question this time, I want to extract the spatial
coordinates and population state of each point at final
time, I tried to assign an "out" function to time 300 for
the observer, however I did not work.

Thanks for your collaboration and time, I understand some of
my questions could be so basic, but my current background in
programming is almost null.

Best regards,

Martha Serrano

Martha Liliana Serrano Serrano