[R-sig-Debian] SOLVED- Re: help installing R on Linux Mint 21.2

Luben Dimov |uben@d|mov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jan 5 04:33:25 CET 2024

Dirk,

I am grateful for all the work and volunteer hours you put into this! And I
appreciate the time you and others take to help us newbies. All the frustration
I was expressing (for not being able to install tidyverse) was all on me. It was
not in any way a criticism.

Your articles are great, but waaaaay too technical for me (that particular site
of yours where I thought the solution is [1] is about 28,000 words long and has
too much jargon for me to be able to use it...).

On the 20-second gif that you linked, I can indeed see that you install
tidyverse in 20 s, but it is all the prep work before that point that I think I
am missing (installing that "docker thing", "rocker thing", etc.).

As far as I can tell, to replicate what you did on the gif, I should first look
into installing and using docker and rocker.

Thank you again for all your help and for the sweat you and other volunteers put
into creating, maintaining, and explaining!

Best regards,
Luben

[1]
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/code/r4/