[R-sig-Debian] installing tydiverse on Linux Mint

Luben Dimov |uben@d|mov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 3 04:38:25 CET 2024

Thank you for the suggestions Ivan. I tried but still couldn't install
tidyverse:

On Tue, 2024-01-02 at 10:15 +0300, Ivan Krylov wrote:

> > download.file("https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scri
> > pts/add_cranapt_focal.sh",
> >               "add_cranapt_focal.sh")
> > trying URL
> > 'https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scripts/add_cranap
> > t_focal.sh'
> > Content type 'text/plain; charset=utf-8' length 1799 bytes
> > downloaded 1799 bytes
>
> > (Distro: Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy)
>
> I think you meant the Ubuntu 22.04 ("jammy")-compatible script:
> https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scripts/add_cranapt_jammy.
> sh

Following your suggestions, I first changed "vicrtoria" to "jammy" in the
sources.list.d:

Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cran.list
    1: deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/cran.gpg]
https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu jammy-cran40/

And then I tried running this in the Linux Mint terminal, with and without sudo:

download.file("https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scripts/add_cranapt_jammy.sh
",
              "add_cranapt_jammy.sh")

and when I saw that the URL redirects, I tried the URL of where it sends you:

download.file("https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/master/inst/scripts/add_cranapt_jammy.sh
",
              "add_cranapt_jammy.sh")

(in the terminal the quote and comma are at the end of the line, not on a
separate line, btw).

but each time I get this error:
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

I also tried running them in the RStudio terminal but get a similar result:
bash: syntax error near unexpected token
`"https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scripts/add_cranapt_jammy.sh",'
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

and

bash: syntax error near unexpected token
`"https://github.com/eddelbuettel/r2u/raw/master/inst/scripts/add_cranapt_jammy.
sh",'
bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

What am I still doing wrong?