[R-sig-Debian] SOLVED- Re: help installing R on Linux Mint 21.2

Tue Jan 2 05:06:42 CET 2024

Luben,

I am glad to hear you sorted it out.  As far as I can tell there are two or
three issues here:

- you are on Mint which is not 'officially' support by posit (Debian/Ubuntu are)

- the installation instructions have said for a decade+ to download the .deb
  and then install it with gdebi (iirc) which pulls dependencies in

- that still sucks: it is 2023 and it is time we shame posit into support and
  apt repo: some of us have built informal apt repos, this is the way go.  I
  also get chrome, spotify, brave, code, dropbox, docker, syncthing, .... that
  way, there is no reason whatsoever posit could not support that either.

Cheers, Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org