[R-sig-Debian] Error in ragg... Graphics API version mismatch

Fri Oct 27 13:48:51 CEST 2023

On 27 October 2023 at 13:00, Johan Andresen wrote:
| I am sorry yet delighted to announce that the problem has been resolved.
| ragg didn't install successfully in the first place. When it was, there was
| no graphics API mismatch. Apologies for the spam; this entry may be
| deleted. Johan

Yes. For the third R release in a row, the Graphics API changed requiring
rebuilds of the (handful) of packages creating displays, and ragg is one of
them.  R itself could do a better job signaling this, but it is what it is. I
believe we discussed this here at the time of the release (you are six months
late on R 4.3.0 ...)

(And there is no delete option for mailman mailing lists.)

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org