[R-sig-Debian] Is r2u at 3.4.1? [branch about handling package collisions under Ubuntu/Debian]

Thu Aug 24 14:30:18 CEST 2023

My thanks to Ivan for catching that it was of course a legit Ubuntu mirror,
which I had missed.

Can we (ever so briefly, no need for long posts) get back to the issue at
hand: was there a package you wanted to install from r2u, but could not
because of another repo or build infelicity.  If so, that would be an r2u
issue which can be addressed here, or maybe as an issue ticket at the r2u
site.

As for 'limitless mixing': it all depends.

My laptop has more than a handful of external repos (brave, chrome, docker,
my PPA for rstudio + quarto [1], (vs)code, r2u, R at cran, syncthing, slack)
and I have no issues as none of these touch _libraries_ we build R packages
again. But I could foresee that repos such the geospatial PPA for Ubuntu
might possibly create trouble as its libraries are not the ones used when the
r2u binaries are made yet they may 'shadow' the system libraries.

Dirk

[1] https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2022/01/31#035_apt_install_rstudio_quarto

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org