[R-sig-Debian] Problem with gdal-config when installing the "chronosphere" package

Griera-yandex gr|er@ @end|ng |rom y@ndex@com
Fri May 13 16:32:06 CEST 2022

Thanks a lot, Ivan,

On Fri, 13 May 2022 12:23:15 +0300
Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 13 May 2022 11:13:40 +0200
> Griera <griera using yandex.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to install "chronosphere" or "rgdal" package, and I get
> > the error:
> >
> > configure: CC: gcc
> > configure: CXX: g++ -std=gnu++11
> > checking for gdal-config... no no
> > configure: error: gdal-config not found or not executable.
>
> That would be in the libgdal-dev package:
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bullseye&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=%2Fusr%2Fbin%2Fgdal-config
>
> > But I get an error with libcharls-dev : Depends on:
> >
> > libcharls2 (= 2.2.0+dfsg-2)
> >
> > but it installs:
> >
> > 2.2.1+dfsg-1~bpo11+1
>
> You seem to have installed libcharls2 from the backports repository. It
> should be possible to install the corresponding libcharls2-dev from
> backports too by passing -t bullseye-backports to APT.

The problem is that there is no such package in bullseye-backports.

The installation of the package libcharls2-dev was done by another
package (I don't know which) and I don't want to go back to the non
backports edition in case I break some dependency that I don't
know how to solve later.

So is it likely that there is no solution?

Thank you very much and Best regards.