[R-sig-Debian] Problem with gdal-config when installing the "chronosphere" package

Fri May 13 11:23:15 CEST 2022

Hi,

On Fri, 13 May 2022 11:13:40 +0200
Griera <griera using yandex.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install "chronosphere" or "rgdal" package, and I get
> the error:
>
> configure: CC: gcc
> configure: CXX: g++ -std=gnu++11
> checking for gdal-config... no no
> configure: error: gdal-config not found or not executable.

That would be in the libgdal-dev package:
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=bullseye&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=%2Fusr%2Fbin%2Fgdal-config

> But I get an error with libcharls-dev : Depends on:
>
> libcharls2 (= 2.2.0+dfsg-2)
>
> but it installs:
>
> 2.2.1+dfsg-1~bpo11+1

You seem to have installed libcharls2 from the backports repository. It
should be possible to install the corresponding libcharls2-dev from
backports too by passing -t bullseye-backports to APT.

--
Best regards,
Ivan