[R-sig-Debian] Trying to install r-stan without using rocker

Mon Jun 13 20:36:31 CEST 2022

On 13 June 2022 at 14:25, Jesse McMullen-Crummey wrote:
| Hi All,
|
| I’ve followed Dirk’s advice and am now starting from:
|
| FROM eddelbuettel/r2u:22.04
| While installing rstan using
| RUN Rscript -e 'install.packages(c("rstan", "stringr", "gtools", "tidyr"))'

(BTW I would actually use

   RUN install.r rstan stringr gtools tidyr

which is more idiomatic _for me_ using littler, but equivalent <wink> )

| I can now get my lambda function running,

Nice!

| but it throws an error when opening my Stan model, namely:
| "C++ compiler not found on system.”
|
| I would have thought that it would be part of this base image.

Indeed. That r2u image has g++-11.

So (r)stan may be configured differently / may have seen / expected a
different compiler?  I would check its docs. You should be able to square
that.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org