[R-sig-Debian] https://github.com/rstudio/shiny/issues/3573

Wed Jan 19 19:21:24 CET 2022

On 19 January 2022 at 12:49, Joseph Maher wrote:
| The versions in debian bullseye/stable and above are all 1.5.0, the most
| recent CRAN package is 1.7.1.  For my purposes I can just use the 1.7.1
| CRAN version.  I might file a bug against the debian r-cran-shiny package,
| but I assume the maintainer will update it in due course anyway...

You could check the open bugreports, see if there are issue (javascript
dependencies come to mind, maybe something cannot be updated) and possibly
report a gentle nudge to upgrade in a bug report with normal or lower
priority. That may help the process along.

In the meantime, and in general, you can install locally from CRAN too.

https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org