[R-sig-Debian] https://github.com/rstudio/shiny/issues/3573

Wed Jan 19 02:56:10 CET 2022

On 18 January 2022 at 18:26, Joseph Maher wrote:
| Thanks!  This seems to be a problem specific to the debian package
| r-cran-shiny

Well: which version, exactly?  The pages at

   https://packages.debian.org/r-cran-shiny

show us that there are quite a few, and that you could get current 1.5.0
version if you enable the buster-backports repo.

| - if I install shiny with install.packages() then it seems to
| work fine...

a) Standard procedure: Please establish whether this happens with the
_current_ package in Debian. If so, _contact the Debian maintainer_

b) Stuff happens. CRAN moves fast. For me, Debian stable is too old. You may
have to find _your sweet spot_ between current CRAN features and Debian
stability and upgradeability.

Cheers, Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org