[R-sig-Debian] Where/how to set R_LIBS_SITE in R 4.2.0 for running R as R --vanilla to pick up "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/"

Mon Apr 25 22:21:11 CEST 2022

Sam,

Please try to debug locally. There are command-line switches to R that allow
you to turn sourcing of initializations files off, you can also try to see if
it is different for 'root' as opposed to you account.

When I chase something like that his I typically

 a) add lines like message("running from file foo") in Rprofile,
    Rprofile.site, ~/.Rprofile etc
 b) set env vars in each Renviron / Renviron.site / ~/.Renviron  file to see
    which are being hit.

Something somewhere turns some values off for you. I can't tell from here
what caused it.

dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org