[R-sig-Debian] Bootable USB for R / was 32 bit 64 bit question, ELFCLASS32 error

profjohn pro|jcn@@h @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Feb 1 15:53:39 CET 2021

On 2021-02-01 9:32 a.m., Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Wow. Blast from the past.
>
> As what may be your real question: where do I in 2021 get a current bootable
> usb with R: no idea, sorry.

I've remastered a few bootable usb iso's over the past 15 years. Not
trivial, but if there is interest in a "bootable R" I'd be willing to
collaborate, but don't want to work alone, so get in touch off-list.

Partly off topic: 32 bit also still of curiosity interest as I've still
got a working Asus EEE 901 netbook (2008). Has 2GB RAM (I couldn't
resist upgrading) and about 20 GB of flash disk. Currently run it in
Bunsenlabs linux (I think I've got the Helium distro on it).

JN