[R-sig-Debian] Configure error: checking if libcurl supports https... no --- slight update.

Johannes Ranke joh@nne@@r@nke @end|ng |rom jrwb@de
Tue Aug 31 10:03:02 CEST 2021

Am Dienstag, 31. August 2021, 01:47:14 CEST schrieb Rolf Turner:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 08:00:34 +0200

> > But it seems you still have a curl/libcurl version in /usr/local that
> > you should get rid of, as it gets in the way of configuring R.
>
> I don't think so.  I did "sudo find /usr -name "*curl*" -print".  The
> results are attached in the file "curlSearch.txt".

Good thought as far as I can tell. Unfortunately the attachment didn't get
through.

> I am too ignorant
> to discern what might be problematic, but nothing obvious leaps out at
> me.  Could the stuff in /usr/local/include/curl be a source of
> difficulty?

Others on this list are far more qualified to answer this, but from my limited
knowledge in this area I would say yes, it could.

Johannes