[R-sig-Debian] c2d4u3.5 ppa for Ubuntu 20.04?

Mon May 18 18:57:47 CEST 2020

On 18 May 2020 at 09:30, Matthieu S wrote:
| I tried to use Michael's ppa after having installed Ubuntu 20.04 and R 4,
| and it seems the ppa is not available now for 20.04, I get message: The
| repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u3.5/ubuntu focal
| Release' does not have a Release file
|
| Am I doing something wrong, or is it correct that it is not available yet?
| Are there any plans to implement it at some point?

The usual README ends in

  For additional binary packages for R (currently 4,000+), check out the
  CRAN2deb4ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u,
  https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u3.5, or
  https://launchpad.net/~c2d4u.team/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u4.0+ depending on
  which version of R you are using.

and has the (new !!) repo you are looking for:

  https://launchpad.net/~c2d4u.team/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u4.0+

As Michael noted: new handle, and no longer under marutter.

And Michael is too modest. It works just fine. I have updated the Travis CI
support package (in GitHub repo eddelbuettel/r-travis) to support '3.5' (old)
and '4.0' (new), and have already switched three different repos to use
it. For example RcppArmadillo now does a 'matrix' over 3.5 and 4.0, and
installs quite a few packages, including reticulate, from these repos. Works
like a charm [1] -- and I need to blog about the updated r-travis.

Sp big thanks to the ever-tireless Michael. Focal for R 4.0 is already at
3614 packages.

Dirk

[1] https://travis-ci.org/github/RcppCore/RcppArmadillo/builds/688117705