[R-sig-Debian] c2d4u3.5 ppa for Ubuntu 20.04?

Michael Rutter m@rutter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon May 18 18:40:50 CEST 2020

On 5/18/20 12:30 PM, Matthieu S wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to use Michael's ppa after having installed Ubuntu 20.04 and R 4,
> and it seems the ppa is not available now for 20.04, I get message: The
> repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u3.5/ubuntu focal
> Release' does not have a Release file
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is it correct that it is not available yet?
> Are there any plans to implement it at some point?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Matthieu

I haven't really had a chance to test it, which is why I haven't
officially announced it yet.  Been a busy couple of weeks with the
semester ending and *other* things.

But you can find c2d4u for 4.0 PPA here:

https://launchpad.net/~c2d4u.team/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u4.0+

The different user name is because I moved it to a team thinking that in
the future, more than just myself will want to work on this.  I know it
works in a controlled environment (a fresh docker container), but I
haven't really tested moving from a 3.5 to 4.0 situation.   If there are
issues, let me know.

By the way, Bionic is complete (I think).  About 3/4 of the way through
Focal and I will start Xenial next week.