[R-sig-Debian] Update on docker Python:3 and adding R:4.x

Johannes Ranke joh@nne@@r@nke @end|ng |rom jrwb@de
Thu Jun 25 08:50:41 CEST 2020

Am Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 05:54:03 CEST schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:

>    RUN apt update && apt install -y r-base
>
> instead.  (I also removed the -t buster-cran40 as the 'highest version
> should win'. That may or may not work. Adjust as needed.)

Removing -t buster-cran40 only installs R 4.0.x if there are no packages left
on the system that depend on the lower r-api-35. Therefore this should be OK
for a docker image which does not come with R.

Johannes