[R-sig-Debian] R 4.0 for ARM processors

Paul Teetor p@u|teetor @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Wed Jul 15 21:44:19 CEST 2020

Hmmmm. Perhaps I'm using the wrong terminology. My logic is: (1) I am running Ubuntu focal on the cluster. (2) Ubuntu focal is built on Debian bullseye but (3) Debian bullseye is not yet the stable release; it is the 'testing' release; hence (4) I will pull the r-base-core package from the 'testing' version of Debian. And, in fact, I found r-base-core for 4.0.2 in the bullseye distribution. Does that all make sense?

My RPi cluster sits on the file cabinet next to my desk, all four boards. Yes, you could argue that it's merely a toy.... but it's bigger and cheaper than the AWS box that currently hosts my web site, RStudio server, and Shiny server!

For the truly curious, you can view my RPi cluster here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kALwoYCVxJ32VgxEA

Thanks again, Dirk. Your contributions to Debian and Ubuntu are foundational for my computing platforms.

Paul Teetor, Elgin, IL USA
http://quantdevel.com/public