[R-sig-Debian] How to install libisl.so.19 on chromebook?

Tue Jul 14 13:30:03 CEST 2020

There is something wrong with your system / setup I did not notice first:

On 14 July 2020 at 13:08, Luigi Marongiu wrote:
| Thank you, it looks like I have already libisl:
| ```
| apt search libisl
| Sorting... Done
| Full Text Search... Done
| libisl-dbg/oldstable 0.18-1 amd64
|   manipulating sets and relations of integer points bounded by linear
| constraints
|
| libisl-dev/oldstable 0.18-1 amd64
|   manipulating sets and relations of integer points bounded by linear
| constraints
|
| libisl15/oldstable,now 0.18-1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
|   manipulating sets and relations of integer points bounded by linear
| constraints
|
| libisl19/now 0.19-1 amd64 [installed,local]
|   manipulating sets and relations of integer points bounded by linear
| constraints
| ```
| thus the problem must be with the installation step: I should tell the
| compiler to look for libisl19 instead of  libisl.so.19...
|
| On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:54 PM Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:
| >

| > On 14 July 2020 at 12:26, Luigi Marongiu wrote:
| > | I am trying to install minpack.lm on R 3.3.3 (Debian version) on a
| > | Chromebook. But I get this error:
| > | ```
| > | Installing package into ‘/home/marongiuluigi/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.3’
| > | (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
| > | trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/minpack.lm_1.2-1.tar.gz'
| > | Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 43029 bytes (42 KB)
| > | ==================================================
| > | downloaded 42 KB
| > |
| > | * installing *source* package ‘minpack.lm’ ...
| > | ** package ‘minpack.lm’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
| > | ** libs
| > | gfortran   -fpic  -g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/r-base-3.3.3=.
| > | -fstack-protector-strong  -c chkder.f -o chkder.o
| > | /usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-cros-linux-gnu/8.3.0/f951: error while

Why is gfortran calling into /usr/local?

You are outside of the package management system here.  Can you not use the
package gfortran (and gcc, g++, ...) because ...

| > | file: No such file or directory
| > | /usr/lib/R/etc/Makeconf:155: recipe for target 'chkder.o' failed

... you are trying the packaged R.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org