[R-sig-Debian] permission problems -xml2

Tim Taylor tjtnew @end|ng |rom out|ook@com
Thu Jun 13 12:16:37 CEST 2019

Apologies if this is the incorrect place for this question.  New Debian user here (via WSL on Windows).  I've been installing packages (using install.packages) in to /usr/local/lin/R/site-library without problem until I tried to install xml2.  When installing it gives the error message:

mv: cannot move '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/00LOCK-xml2/00new/xml2' to '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/xml2': Permission denied

I've added myself to the staff group and other packages have installed without issue.  For information I'm running Debian Buster.

Any pointers / suggestions as to where I'm going wrong?

Regards

Tim