[R-sig-Debian] ubuntu equivalent of ctrl-a on windows

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Thu Jul 18 22:13:00 CEST 2019

On 7/18/19 1:02 PM, Mark Leeds wrote:
> Hi All: I'm using an old version of Ubuntu, 14.04, and I can't figure out a
> keyboard sequence that "selects all" analogously to  what ctrl-a does on
> windows ?
>
> If anyone can be bothered running below and see if they have a way to
> select all four fruits at once, it's appreciated. I've spent quite a bit of
> time searching the net, going on AskUbuntu etc
> but no luck. Thanks.
>
> library(tcltk)
> fruits <- c("pear", "apple", "banana", "peach")
> temp <- tk_select.list(choices = fruits, preselect = NULL,  multiple = TRUE)
>
> print(temp)
Ctrl-/ picks all items on my setup.

I'm in 18.04 inside Rstudio so my experience may be different.

I discovered this by holding the control key down and sliding my finger
across the lower tier of keys.

--

David