[R-sig-Debian] So nearly there, but can't install rJava

Johannes Ranke joh@nne@@r@nke @end|ng |rom jrwb@de
Tue Jan 22 09:47:28 CET 2019

Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2019, 08:27:14 CET schrieb Chris Evans:

> error: jni.h: No such file or directory
> #include <jni.h>
> ^
> compilation terminated.

You get a complaint that jni.h is missing. So one strategy would be to look
for this file in the available packages:

  sudo apt-file search jni.h

One of the packages returned is openjdk-8-jdk-headless (which I happen to have
installed). I think (others will know for certain) that you need a Java
Development Kit (jdk) not just a runtime environment (jre).

Cheers,

Johannes