[R-sig-Debian] Local repo for ubuntu including R

Göran Broström gor@n@bro@trom @end|ng |rom umu@@e
Tue Feb 19 23:04:10 CET 2019

Den 2019-02-19 kl. 22:43, skrev George N. White III:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 11:05, Göran Broström <goran.brostrom using umu.se
> <mailto:goran.brostrom using umu.se>> wrote:
>
>     Background:
>
>     We have a computer lab with two ubuntu 18.04 machines (and lots of
>     windows computers) and I am searching for a convenient way to keep the
>     machines up-to-date regarding R in the first place, but also ubuntu
>     itself. The problem is that the lab is isolated from the internet.
>
>     Some versions of ubuntu ago I had success with apt-mirror and apt-get
>     for the OS, but now I cannot get it to work. In my search for help on
>     the internet I have come to the conclusion that there is something
>     wrong
>     with apt-mirror nowadays.
>

> Yours is a common use-case, but "I cannot get it to work" doesn't help
> anyone understand what is broken.  Since apt-cache is available as
> an 18.04 package, you should report the bug to Ubuntu maintainers.

Thanks George. I asked for a simple way to keep R and packages
up-to-date, and I answered my own question about two hours ago: Just
download the bionic-cran35 files to an usb stick and move it to the lab.
apt-mirror and others are just red herrings.

Best, Göran