[R-sig-Debian] New libpng in c2d4u3.5 breaks many other packages

Michael Rutter m@r36 @ending from p@u@edu
Mon May 21 17:19:54 CEST 2018

On 5/20/18 9:04 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 20 May 2018 at 09:34, Robin Lovelace wrote:
> | Thanks for keeping us updated. Before I jump the gun and put this out on
> | social media (as a follow-up to this tweet
> | https://twitter.com/robinlovelace/status/990682038373158912 ), would you
> | say this is a reasonable message to send to the R-using Ubuntu community?:
>
> Why don't we just wait until Michael feels he has something to announce?
>
> Dirk

For a number of reasons, I have relaunched my R Ubuntu Blog.  One is to
give updates on installing R in Ubuntu, etc., which I have stopped
doing.  The other is I need to write more.  I also wanted to try
blogdown.  You can find it here: http://rubuntu.netlify.com/

The first post is an update on the move to 3.5.  The process is picking
up speed.  Up to 1730 packages in Xenial as I type this.  As soon as
they are all built and I test things, I will make the announcement.

I have also added a note to the Ubuntu CRAN site to help clarify the
situation.

Dr. Michael A. Rutter
Associate Director, School of Science
Associate Professor of Statistics