[R-sig-Debian] Problem with Ubuntu bionic R 3.5

Michael Rutter m@rutter @ending from gm@il@com
Mon Jun 18 20:12:52 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 12:38 PM Ulrich Leuchtmann <
ulrich.leuchtmann using t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi Michael.
>
> I fear I'm becoming a pain in your back. Sorry.
>
> The problem with the "Components" and "Suite" name in the "InRelease"
> file for bionic-cran35 has been solved. *Many thanks for that.* However,
> "sudo apt-get install r-base" creates an error message (again here the
> German version):
>
> ulrich using linuxdesktop:~$ sudo apt-get install r-base
> Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
> Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
> Einige Pakete konnten nicht installiert werden. Das kann bedeuten, dass
> Sie eine unmögliche Situation angefordert haben oder, wenn Sie die
> Unstable-Distribution verwenden, dass einige erforderliche Pakete noch
> nicht erstellt wurden oder Incoming noch nicht verlassen haben.
> Die folgenden Informationen helfen Ihnen vielleicht, die Situation zu
> lösen:
>
> Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
>   r-base : Hängt ab von: r-recommended (= 3.5.0-1bionic) soll aber nicht
> installiert werden
> E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene
> defekte Pakete.
>
> That's something new. I know, I could probably solve this problem by
>
>      sudo apt-get install r-base r-recommended
>
> But somehow I am puzzled that r-base now _depends_ on r-recommended. Is
> that the way it is supposed to be now? In this case I think the
> installation instruction on CRAN would need to get updated. Or is this
> an error in the dependencies?
>
> Best regards
>
> Uli

Uli,

Thanks for the email.  Confirmed the issue, but it took me a bit to find
the reason.  Turns out some of the packages have a label of "Bionic" vs.
"bionic" and my mirroring script missed those.  I believe the issues is now
fixed.  Things should work after the next mirror sync.