[R-sig-Debian] Problem with Ubuntu bionic R 3.5

Ulrich Leuchtmann ulrich@leuchtm@nn @ending from t-online@de
Wed Jun 13 14:04:47 CEST 2018

I ran into a problem installing R 3.5 on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver. In file
/etc/apt/sources.list I added the repository entry "deb
https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/". But
"apt-get update" now produces an error message:

W: Konflikt bei Distribution:
https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/ InRelease
(bionic-cran35/ erwartet, aber bionic bekommen)

In english, this should read something like

W: conflict in distribution:
https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/ InRelease
(bionic-cran35/ expected, but bionic received)

It seems as if the new bionic R-3.5 distribution is not set up properly.
I wonder if the "Codename" entry or the "Suite" entry in the
/bin/linux/ubuntu/bionic-cran35/InRelease file should read
"bionic-cran35" instead of "bionic".

Uli