[R-sig-Debian] R-SIG-Debian Digest, Vol 154, Issue 8

Clive Nicholas cliveli@t@ @ending from googlem@il@com
Mon Jul 23 21:19:35 CEST 2018

On 23 July 2018 at 11:00, <r-sig-debian-request using r-project.org> wrote:

Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 02:08:47 +0000
> From: Alison Smith <alismith using uow.edu.au>
> To: "r-sig-debian using r-project.org" <r-sig-debian using r-project.org>
> Subject: [R-sig-Debian] Ubuntu issue with 18.04 Bionic Beaver
>
> Dear Debian persons
>
> I would like enquire about whether the repository
>
> deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/
>
> I tried to follow the instructions and I cannot get R3.5.1 - I get
> R3.4.4???
>

> I have been able to install R3.5.1 on Ubuntu 16.02 using the
> xenial-cran35/ repository & so not sure if the bionic link is up to date?
>

> thanks in advance
>

> Regards
> Alison
>

> Alison Smith
> Principal Research Fellow
> National Institute for Applied Statistics Research Australia (NIASRA)
> School of Mathematics & Applied Statistics
> Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences
> Building 39C Room 261
> University of Wollongong NSW 2522
> M: 0417 947 115
> E: alismith using uow.edu.au
> W: http://niasra.uow.edu.au/index.html

I've submitted a post to the list (subject to approval) which should answer
your question. If it doesn't go through, email me privately and I'll send
it to you.

--
Clive Nicholas

"My colleagues in the social sciences talk a great deal about methodology.
I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson