[R-sig-Debian] Segfault on ubuntu 18.04

Göran Broström gor@n@bro@trom @ending from umu@@e
Sat Jul 7 12:52:18 CEST 2018

On 2018-07-07 06:27, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 7 July 2018 at 00:51, Göran Broström wrote:
> | My repo is
> |
> | deb https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu bionic-cran35/
> |
> | Is that wrong?
>
> That repo will give you R and key R packages like Matrix lme4.  (And you
> chose to ignore this repo by compiling R yourself ...).

Not really: I installed r-base and r-base-dev from "My repo", but ignored

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u3.5/ubuntu bionic main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u3.5/ubuntu bionic main

because I thought it was easier to handle the rest via install.packages()

I was wrong. After reinstalling all extra packages via apt and
"c2d4u3.5", all my problems have vanished (or been swept under the
carpet;), no segfaults. Many thanks!

Göran