[R-sig-Debian] Debian r-base package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jan 4 15:12:07 CET 2018

Morgan,

On 4 January 2018 at 15:05, Morgan Morgan wrote:
| Hi Dirk,
|
| On the website:
| https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/r-base
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

| I see that you are the maintainer.

... of r-base in Debian, ie unstable / testing / stable. I have nothing to do
with the backport.  Talk to its maintainer.

| I was wondering if you know when the version 3.4.3 of R will be available?

Just like every other release of the last ~ 18 years, I made it available
ASAP and that is usually within hours.

| It is currently at version 3.3.3.
|
| I am currently running R 3.3.3 on an android device.

Those are backport problems.

My android got stuck updating from jessie to stretch so that I could use
testing and not have that problem.

Also note that there is a mailing list r-sig-debian for exactly this type of
question.  I am CC my reply there, please keep follow-up on the list rather
than my inbox.

Best, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org