[R-sig-Debian] broken dependencies on 2cd4u

Michael Rutter marutter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:43:32 CET 2018

On 02/03/2018 06:50 AM, Jeroen Ooms wrote:
> As of a few days I'm seeing this error on travis:

>   libleptonica-dev : Depends: liblept5 (= 1.74.4-1+nmu1ppa1~trusty1)
> but it is not going to be installed
>
> Which is caused by:

>   liblept5 : Depends: libopenjp2-7 (>= 2.0.0) but it is not installable
>
> This is caused by the recent update libleptonica on c2d4u. I guess
> this new version also requires a backport of libopenjp2-7.
>
> More generally I'm wondering if perhaps c/c++ libs backports should go
> into a separate PPA? I was assuming c2d4u would only provide r-cran
> packages but not have any side effects on system libs.

Jeroen,

Sorry about this one.  There was an update of the tesseract package, and
it required a newer version of libleptonica-dev.  I thought I could copy
in a version from another PPA and have it work cleanly, but this was not
the case.

I have deleted both packages, thus putting things back to the way they
where as of January 26th.  Let me know if there are still issues.