[R-sig-Debian] Xenial rpart package on CRAN built with wrong R version?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Thu Aug 16 13:55:53 CEST 2018

On 16 August 2018 at 08:21, George N. White III wrote:
| The package system really should ensure that older packages get replaced
| when there are rebuilt versions.

You can continue to sleep soundly at night because _it does_.

But sometime we introduce a minor infelicity as we rename the files in a by
hand / by script manner.  We are aware of this and am trying to do this as
robustly as possible but sometimes this fails.

As Michael pointed out, you can a) generally debug the behaviour and b)
override it.