[R-sig-Debian] Problem with Install R on Linux Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 12 14:11:39 CEST 2016

On 12 May 2016 at 15:00, Atakan Okan wrote:
| Any help is appreciated, thanks.

1)  Clean up sources.list as suggested in the error messages you quoted.

2) Do that until 'sudo apt-get update' no longer complains.

3) Then re-read the README at https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/
   and add one line.  I have this __one line__ in the directory meant for this:

      edd at bud:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cran.list
      deb https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/linux/ubuntu xenial/ # disabled on upgrade to xenial
      edd at bud:~$

   and I have been using the CRAN repos maintained by Michael for years on
   multiple machines.  It. Just. Works.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org