[R-sig-Debian] R 3.3.0 for Ubuntu update, c2d4u update: no longer supporting 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Michael Rutter marutter at gmail.com
Mon May 9 00:44:54 CEST 2016

Ubuntu and R users:

R 3.3.0 is now available for Ubuntu releases 16.04 (xenial), 15.10
(wily), and 14.04 (trusty).  Due changes in R 3.3.0 (mainly the need to
link to the most current zlib library), I can no longer backport R to
release 12.04 (precise).

I will continue to maintain as many packages as possible for 12.04 on
the CRAN Ubuntu page, the RRutter PPA, and cran2deb4ubuntu PPA.  If you
are using 12.04, please consider upgrading to 14.04 or 16.04.

As for cran2deb4ubuntu on 16.04 (xenial), I will start building packages
this week.  Finals are now over at Penn State, so I have the time needed
to start this project.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks,