[R-sig-Debian] SemPlot install fails

Johannes Ranke jranke at uni-bremen.de
Thu Oct 15 07:52:02 CEST 2015

Hi Tobi

are you sure the installation of the XML package succeeded? Maybe it failed
because of missing libxml2 header files? Can you load it using library(XML)?

If not, the easiest way would be to install the Ubuntu binary package for it:

sudo apt-get install r-cran-xml

and try to install SemPlot again.

Kind regards,

Johannes

Am Mittwoch, 14. Oktober 2015, 15:18:05 schrieb Tobias Stahl:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm new to Linux and to R and trying to install SemPlot. When i enter
>
> install.packages (c("SemPlot"))
>
> R starts installing but suddenly there are a lot of error warnings.
> After the process ends, i get warning messages:
>
> 1: In install.packages(c("semPlot")) :
> installation of package ‘stringr’ had non-zero exit status
> 2: In install.packages(c("semPlot")) :
>   installation of package ‘pkgmaker’ had non-zero exit status
>
> till Point 16:
> 16: In install.packages(c("semPlot")) :
>   installation of package ‘semPlot’ had non-zero exit status
>
> I installed XML and updated Ubuntu... Anybody had the same problem?
>
> Best,
> Tobi

PD Dr. Johannes Ranke
Kronacher Str. 8