[R-sig-Debian] Suggestions to improve the info page of /bin/linux/debian

Mathieu Basille basille.web at ase-research.org
Tue Mar 3 16:26:51 CET 2015

Le 03/03/2015 10:02, Mathieu Basille a écrit :
> Hi Johannes,
>
> I didn't know what would be the best approach to modify the page—how it was
> generated, is there a central place, etc.—which is why I posted on
> r-sig-debian in the first place. Anyway, although I'm more or less familiar
> with markdown and pandoc, it was easier for me to edit directly README.html
> as it was on CRAN. Please find attached a revision with the modifications I
> suggested earlier. Again, I tried to be correct to the best of my
> knowledge, but I may not be entirely accurate.
>
> I simply edited (and formated the file) using Emacs, and manually added the
> TOC and other suggested modifications (notably reorganization). I think
> there is still room for improvement, but this should get things started. I
> cleaned the layout, but left most of the actual code and text unchanged.
>
> I think the whole page would also benefit from a CSS, e.g. for titles
> (instead of caps), but left it without it.

Ah! I just noticed that there was actually one (I must be really tired)...
so let me rephrase that last part: I think the CSS would also benefit from
an update, e.g. for titles (coding caps in the CSS) and the TOC, but I left
it unchanged!

Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard